The bedroom is like an oasis of the home. You start your mornings and end your days there every night so wouldn’t you want to go to a relaxing, comfortable space? Evoking this feeling of comfort is so important in home staging since it empowers home buyers to envision themselves in that very space.
Following these steps will lay the foundation for decorating a bedroom that home buyers will be wowed by.
Clear The Clutter
Maximize the listing’s potential by making the space as tidy as possible to create that dream vision for your home buyers.
- Storage solutions like end-of-bed ottomans, chests, and baskets are visually impactful and incredibly useful for tucking away any unnecessary clutter.
- Aim for minimalism. Less is truly more when creating a space that is appealing to all types of home buyers. Too much furniture or excessive accessories can make a space look smaller and cluttered.
- Hide those cords. A bundle of electrical cords can be incredibly distracting from the beautiful furniture and accessories in the room. Let those key elements of the bedroom shine for a distraction free walk through.
Keep It Neutral with Small Pops of Colors
A neutral palette can appeal to a wider client base and is an easy foundation for clients to envision their own style incorporated in it.
- Bringing in small elements of color gives your space character and interest for your client to connect to. Including a colorful throw, beautiful pillow, or nightstand accessory is an easy start to building eye-catching elements of the room.
- Adding some greenery (artificial or live!) brings in a natural and comforting element to help brighten and liven the space.
It’s All in the Details
Make sure to iron out the details of the room so your clients can experience what the space has to offer free of distractions.
- Steam out the wrinkles of the bedspread
- Nicely arrange and fluff bed pillows
- Thoughtful placement of accessories like clocks, lighting, books, plants
Infinite Home Design offers Occupied Home Staging Consultations. Call us at 860.257.8243 for your in-person or Zoom consult.
Infinite Home Design is a home staging and interior re-design decorating company dedicated to assisting real estate professionals, homeowners and investors create spaces that sell, since 2014. Servicing Connecticut; Wethersfield, Rocky Hill, Glastonbury, West Hartford, Newington, Middletown, Cromwell, Windsor, South Windsor, Manchester, Hartford County, Tolland County, Windham County, New London County, Middlesex County, New Haven County, Litchfield County, and Fairfield County. For home staging and decorating services call 860-257-8243 860-25-STAGE